Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Bangkok offers a variety of exotic food like fried grasshopper, bug or cockroach. I had seen a couple of stalls selling those at night but I didn't take any picture because I afraid the grasshopper would jump out from the wok while the seller deep frying it. Besides that, there are also many hawker stalls selling local food at soi (small street or lorong) in the city. This post is to share some local food available by the roadside. I didn't try any of these because I afraid my weak stomach couldn't handle it if the hygiene if not up to par. I hang out at MBK Level 6 food court and Yum Saap a few times during my stay there.

Fried rice. I like Malay fried rice, not sure how Thai fried rice tastes like.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Grilled banana. It's funny to see them selling grilled banana because we usually eat raw ripe banana or banana fritter in Malaysia. Personally, I like this shot because the seller was listening to his mp3 and wearing a RHCP tee while grilling banana. Kinda cool, right?
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

A close up look of 3 different types of grilled banana.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Sausage.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

See how the seller hangs the raw meatballs.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Fritters. The one at most right looks like a river prawn fritters.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Waffles.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Pork satay?
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Colorful kuih-muih. The seller looked stoned. It's 7 sth in the morning BTW.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

Pre-packed breakfast. It's very convenient for monk offering.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

I'm not sure what he's selling but the business was kinda good.
Thailand: On The Street Part 2

That's all for now.

Technorati Tags: Thai

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Blessed Rain said...

loved day one and two! Most of the food looks great! Thanks for taking me on the walk with you.

7/26/2010 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

Thanks =)

7/27/2010 02:12:00 AM  
Anonymous lechua said...

i'm in the midst of posting up on my bkk trip too & majority of my photos are on food and street stalls.... ooh and the crickets and grashoppers.. saw loads of them in cambodia eeks!

7/29/2010 04:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Jayce said...

Err... your post make me want to visit Thailand lo. Still haven't go there ko. ^_^

8/14/2010 01:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home