Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sarawak Trip

Upon my graduation, I went for a trip to Sarawak from 7th June to 12th June. It was a wonderful trip, of course. Herewith, I just compile a list on the places that I have visited.

Wonderful places roll here:

-Won's house (where we free eat and free stay... big thanks to the owners)
-Jalan Pandungan (a little bit like Chinatown)
-Kuching Waterfront
-Sarawak Cultural Village
-Cat Museum
-Sarawak Museum
-Tugu Park
-Fort Margherita
-China-Malaysia Friendship Memorial
-Bidayuh Village at Kampung Serasot, Bau
-Wong Tai Sin Temple and Tasik Biru, Bau
-Gunung Gading, Lundu (Rafflesia watching)
-UNIMAS, Kota Samarahan
-Matang Wildlife Centre (no more Hornbill.. too bad)
-Semenggoh Wildlife Centre, Kota Padawan (Orang Utan Live)
-Wind cave and Fairy Cave
-Sunday Market
-Everise Supermarket (Only the Kuchingnites know why it's special)
-Tun Jugah (Kuching Shopping Complex)
-Pepper Factory
-Memories Grand Cafe
-Rock Road Seafood Restaurant
-Sugar Bun (just like KLG in Perak)
-Frappe (cafe with branded Snow White, one kind of dessert)
-Tao (kennysia blogged about it here)
-Patience Daily


Patience Daily













@Patience Daily

This trip is really an eye-opener for me. Jungle trekking and Rafflesia watching at Gunung Gading is incredible. Perhaps, I would only see the largest flower in the world once in my lifetime. Sometimes, I just couldn't believe my eyes when I see some stalls hanging fishes and selling them by the roadside on the journey from Bau to Kuching. People nowadays still do this?? Surely, watching the semi-wild Orang Utan at Semenggoh Wildlife Centre is fun too. The Orang Utans swing, eat and pee freely in the jungle like nobody business. And the squirrels steal their fruits and runaway. Freedom, is what they have.

Besides visiting the must-visit places in Sarawak, we also tried out must-eat Sarawak local food.

Tantalizing food roll here:

-Kolo Mee 干捞面 (I ate 2 times, both mee and kuey teow)
-Kam Phua Mee 干盘面 (the Origin of this mee is Sibu. Syok Habis!)
-Tomato Mee
-Sarawak Laksa (a little bit like hokkien mee or prawn mee)
-糟菜面 (one kind of Foo Chow food, tasted sour. don't know what it is called in English)

-Sambal Biding (Biding is one kind of vegetable only available in East Malaysia. Unforgettable!)
-Three-Colored Tea (normal teh ais comes with 3 colors before stirring and mixing the milk and tea together)

I was having a pleasant trip and great time of my life in Sarawak. Big big thanks to lengcai and lenglui tour guides (alister, won & her mom), my travelling companions (sfen & ailing), and friendly kuchingnites (floflo, carol & yhan). Thanks to lovely 969 and 5335 too!

Feel free to check out my Sarawak Trip Photos.
Video Download: Live Orang Utan.mov,Into Fairy Cave.mov

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, seems like you had a lot of fun in Sarawak! I wanna go there one day too, for some trekking! I just came back form Sabah! Was the view at Gunung Gading nice? I never heard about it before...

7/10/2006 02:49:00 AM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

hi. thanks for visiting my blog.
Gunung Gading is famous with Rafflesia watching. Many people go there solely to watch Rafflesia. Since we don't know the exact location of the flower, we have to walk into the jungle and search for it.

There are many other jungle trails besides Rafflesia trail. You can have a try there. Have fun.

7/16/2006 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home