Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Monday, August 17, 2009

Thailand:: Bangkok: Calypso Cabaret

I traveled solo to Bangkok and I survived. I think I'm A(H1N1) free too although I had flu-like symptoms when I was there and I'm still alive at this moment. Let's begin my Day 1 journey here. I took Air Asia flight from KL to BKK in the evening. Even though the flight was delayed, I still earned 1 hour due to the GMT difference. Should I feel happy? Lol. Upon arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport, this was how the immigration counter looked like. Face mask had to be removed so that the officer could see my face clearly.

Thailand:: Bangkok: Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

I got my taxi transfer coupon at Exit 3 counter. While queuing up for the taxi, I grabbed one copy of Bangkok City map which was plenty useful. The map is widely available at BTS Skytrain stations too. Tips here, remember to tell the taxi driver 2 words namely Motorway and Meter. The passenger had to pay for the 2 tolls at THB 25 and THB 45 each. While arriving at the destination, just pay for the amount shown in the meter plus THB 50 surcharge.

Because of the flight delay and massive jam near to Victory Monument, I didn't make it to The Jim Thompson House as planned in my itinerary earlier. At night, I went to watch Calypso Cabaret at Asia Hotel. The hotel was easily accessible because it's directly connected to Ratchathewi BTS station.

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

I bought the ticket online at THB 900 which was cheaper than the ticket bought over the counter. I was allowed to choose the seat number also. The setting was nice with mirror balls and the audience were sitting by a round table. Complimentary drinks was served.

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

There were several shows with different characters and plots based on the songs. The opening was this lips-synced singing by a pretty ladyboy with good figure.



The show continued with more dances with these feather costumes. Feel like Moulin Rouge?

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

A short video of the masquerade dance.



Some of the shows were quite boring with Chinese or Japanese songs with some heart-broken kind of story. Of course, there were a few shows with hilarious character. Like Mr. Geisha, a man turned into a geisha with his kimono and wig.

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

He found his victim at the front row. He freaking hugged and kissed that gwai lou guy with a bloody red lips mark left on his face. Haha. I believe that the guy silently vowed to himself that "I would never sit on the first row in any of the show in future". After that night, Mr. Geisha would be deeply imprinted in his mind forever.

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

Most of the costumes were sexy with minimal cloths on. Check this sexy back with golden bananas around the waistline. It's even sexier on the opposite side. Lol.

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

The show was not all about ladyboys. Macho men did perform too. The Korean girls around me were laughing incessantly. Lol.

Calypso Cabaret @ Song About Jen

At the end of the show, there's a photo taking session with the ladyboys. Mr. Potato was so happy.

Mr. Potato is happy!


Technorati Tags:

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger T:Skyz said...

hey gal, you are so GENG!! bangkok solo trip...Admire

take care

8/18/2009 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger HanLun said...

Wi-u-wit
U can bring in the camera? :P
GEng geng
u dinn get high when see macho guy too?

8/18/2009 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous keeyit said...

wah.. you travel alone ar?
keng~ You so hard core le.

8/18/2009 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

So many lenglui transvestite, of course camera is allowed. If it's Christian Bale then I'll scream.

Yea, I'm hard core. Bangkok is just like KL and the people are nice. It's safe traveling there. Most important, I got city surviving skill. Lol.

8/26/2009 03:04:00 AM  
Blogger dragonfly520 said...

i want to send this link to dad. hehe...

8/27/2009 07:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home