Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Malaysia: To Dataran Merdeka

Today is Standard Chartered KL Marathon day. Although there is less than one hour for full marathon (42km) to start, I can see the countdown clock at the official website already showing 000 Days 00 Hrs 00 Min 00 Sec. Lol. The starting line for this marathon is located at Dataran Merdeka. Two days ago, I went there to collect my race pack. That was my first time to step foot on Dataran Merdeka although I have been staying in KL for a few years and saw it in TV a hundred times. Shame on me.

Being a first timer, I went there using public transport with the help of maps. I took Rapid KL Lrt to Masjid Jamek station and proceed to dataran merdeka on foot. This was the direction guide provided by Google Maps with the starting point at Masjid Jamek and ending point at dataran merdeka. It's easy. Just walk along Jalan Tun Perak and make a turn into Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
Direction to Dataran Merdeka @ Song About Jen

There is always choice. I search for the same thing using Garmin. The map shows more detailed view with the building logos and roads. I walked to HSBC bank using shortcut and walked along Jalan Medan Pasar until the junction at Lebuh Pasar Besar. Look for Loke Yew building or Agro Bank and walk towards that direction. Cross the road and voila dataran merdeka is there. KL buildings are tall and they can be spotted easily.
Direction to Dataran Merdeka @ Song About Jen

All roads lead to dataran merdeka. That's my first experience going there. Finally, a photo of iconic Sultan Abdul Samad building captured using my mobile.
Sultan Abdul Samad Building @ Song About Jen

This is my first time running for 10km marathon and I hope I can complete the race. The organiser is good enough to use Rapid KL bus as sweeper and I don't wish to see it. Haha. Good luck to all runners!

Run... Forest.. Run....

P/s: RIP MJ!

Technorati Tags:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jayce said...

I never try marathon before. Scare that I cannot even finish the race. ^_^"

7/17/2009 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

Haha. You can try Penang Bridge International Marathon. You run your own race, sure can complete one.

8/17/2009 03:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home