Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

India: Threesome

Since it's new year, I want to write an entry which is less boring, maybe entertaining a bit. When I was in Chennai City, near to Marina Beach area, I saw this subway pedestrian tunnel. The subway is built under the highway along Bay of Bengal. Pedestrians are able to cross to the opposite of the highway without risking their lives on the terrifying traffic. If I'm not mistaken, the pink color building is Madras University.


This pedestrian subway reminded me of similar subway structure in Taipei. While I was wandering aimlessly around the building with Transformer poster, next to Shin Kong Mitsukoshi(新光三越), I somehow ended up in Taipei Main Station which is opposite to these buildings. It was the underground way of crossing the busy road.


Without hesitation, I took a picture of this pedestrian subway. I did not notice about that 3 guys at first since my attention was on the subway. Until the moment I browsed through my picture after the trip, these guys were potential to develop a story. Since I don't know their names, let's label them by the color of their shirts. Blue, Orange and Navy.


Here goes the story. Sharmaine and I were walking around the memorial area. From our observations, guys like to hold hands. This is an uncommon scene in my homeland and I decided to take picture as a proof of my newfound discovery. By chance, I met these guys again. Oh, Navy and Blue were holding hands. I quickly hid my camera when I found out that they knew I was shooting them. But Sharmaine told me that they were actually posing steadily. Wtf!


And later on, Orange and Navy were found holding hands again before they separated and laid their hands on the fence. Maybe they were just sheepish. I was not a paparazzo and I stopped taking picture before they beat me up. Navy with Blue initially and now Orange with Navy. It's complicated.


In Malaysia, if 2 guys are holding hands, it's 99.99% confirmed that they are gays. In India, it's very common. Perhaps, they are just close to each other. Gay or straight? God knows. Just another culture shock!

Hope that this post could make you laugh a bit. Happy New Year!

P/s: Finished watching Eleventh Hour and halfway on Burn After Reading on new year eve. One sucky year has gone and another suckier one is yet to come. Goodbye 2008!

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, if we see guys holding hands in m'sia.. we will definitely kept looking at them...

erm, so far i nv see before also.. :p

1/08/2009 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

yea, i have not seen any also. just those with weird outfit and tight pants. haha

1/11/2009 08:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home