Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shutterfly After Yahoo! Photos

Yahoo! Photos is closing down. As a user, I'm given a few alternatives to transfer my photos to. Among them are Flickr, Snapfish, Kodak Gallery, Shutterfly and Photobucket. Initially, I don't bother much since I only have one photo resided in my Yahoo! Photos and I seldom use this service until I see some good offers.
Yahoo Photo









Flickr, Snapfish and Shutterfly are in my list for consideration because they offer good special gifts. Before this, I already have a Flickr account and I have used up the photo limit. Currently, I have more than 200 photos stored at Flickr but only 200 latest photos are shown unless I upgrade to Pro account. By migrating to Flickr service, I can get a free 3-month Pro Account. I always want to have it last time but it costs USD$24.95 per year. So eventually I choose to use Google Picasa Web Album which is totally free with 1GB of storage space. After all, 3 months are too short for me to really enjoy a Pro user's benefits.

So, migrating to Flickr is not so worthwhile. Snapfish is not bad because it offers 50 free prints and free shipping. In the meantime, Shutterfly is offering a free story book which I think is most rewarding among all the good offers. Some time ago, I ordered a Pocket Book from Pixart which costed me RM 50.00. Now, I could get a free 20-page 8x8 Story Book from Shutterfly which is priced at USD$29.99 originally. It's worth it although I need to pay the shipping fees to Malaysia at around USD$14.

Shutterfly














FYI, there's one more day to go to do the transfer before Yahoo! Photos deletes all your no-action photos. I'm lucky enough to do it at the eleventh hour before it officially shuts down on 20 Sept.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home