Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Singapore: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009

My friend couldn't make it to the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon so I helped her to run using her bib. I made a last minute plan and got myself a pair of return air tickets to Singapore. Believe it or not it was my virgin trip to Singapore although the country is so near to Malaysia. The attractions just don't really interest me. Don't know why.

After touched down at Changi Airport, i straight away went to Expo to collect the race pack. The collection process was smooth and organized. These are my running vest, bib, timing chip and words of encouragement. Run Like No Tomorrow. Don't wait until 2012!!
Singapore: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 @ Song About Jen

The weather on the marathon day was so kind even though the race for Women Open 10k started at 8.30 a.m. in the morning. Check out the chicks walking towards the starting line and CBD (Central Business District) skyscrapers at the back. The runners were high-spirited. I like it.
Singapore: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 @ Song About Jen

I didn't do well during this run. According to the chip finish time, I spent 01:34:34 to complete the race. The time was slower than my KL run back in June. Part of it was due to my poor strategy of gulping down 3 cups of water at the starting point. Big mistake. I ended up wasting time of queuing up for toilet break at 5.5km mark. After drinking more water I felt bloated and couldn't run at all. Shamed on me I walked on the up slope route of East Coast Park highway. I started to jog again later and thank god I crossed the finish line in the end.
Singapore: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 @ Song About Jen

On my way back, I saw these runners for 42km still running/ walking after 6 hours in the race. 6 more kilometers to go. Add oil. Marathon is a "Mind Over Body" game. You can still run a marathon even if you don't have the talent like what the Kenyans have.
Singapore: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 @ Song About Jen

I will train harder.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger T:Skyz said...

you have done KL & Singapore SC Marathon. Next would be HK or Bangkok?

12/20/2009 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger dragonfly520 said...

hey dude, what's the workout profile about?

12/21/2009 08:05:00 AM  
Anonymous keeyit said...

wow.. go go go ...

12/23/2009 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

@t: Nairobi, Kenya
@f: It's just a GPS tools to trace my run
@k: run... =P

1/05/2010 01:21:00 AM  
Blogger T:Skyz said...

are you serious ar? you have 9 countries to complete your "The Greatest Race on Earth".

1/06/2010 08:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home