Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Monday, December 04, 2006

Snap Preview Anywhere

I register for Snap Preview Anywhere and add a short snippets of javascript code to my template. Just hover your mouse over a hyperlink and you will know how it works.

Snap Preview Anywhere
YouTube.com Snap Preview

Basically, a thumbnail of the linked website will be shown in a preview screen. It may take a few seconds for the image to load. The image shown might not be the latest one but I believe they will update the site images from time to time. Besides, you can make a quick search from the pop up box. It could be useful to change a reader's mind whether to click on the link or not.

On top of this, Snap Search Engine is cool. I like the interface design very much. Large thumbnail preview and it loads pretty fast. The idea behind is actually similar to GooglePreview Firefox Extension.

Snap Search Engine
Snap Search Engine

Based on your preferences, you can change the setting of Search Term Suggestion, Adult Warning, Preview Image and Click on Title. For me, the Search Term Suggestion is not that effective because the suggestion comes in quite slow and I have no idea the suggested keywords are based on what criteria. Number of search results or popularity of keyword searched?

Snap Preview Anywhere is cool, and absolutely, it is a cool bit of my blog.


Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Damien Passehl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/05/2006 04:46:00 AM  
Blogger Damien Passehl said...

Nice article much more indepth than mine. (I like it!) If you like these preview tools you may wish to consider checking out the Cooliris Plug In for Firefox. there is a link on my blog so feel free to check it out and tell me what you think.

12/05/2006 04:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home