Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Google Chrome

This is what I notice about Google applications that I use in my daily life recently. Google Analytics favicon has changed. Google Picasa Web look and feel has changed. Now, Google Chrome, Google open source browser project is launched. Firefox is my all time favorite browser but of course I would give Google Chrome a try. Read Write Web demonstrates a flaw in Google Chrome but since it is still in Beta version, I believe the guys in Google will crack their head to boost the security.

Immediately, I ran a Acid2 Browser Test. Surprisingly, the smiley face is perfect, that means it is compliant with the web standards. More importantly is my blog layout appears to be fine. Quickly, i try to browse a few web pages and found out that it's a bit lagged if the page is loaded with heavy images.
Google Chrome at Song About Jen

I don't have much time to explore the features yet. But these few items are definitely good to read.
Hands-on with Chrome: Google's browser shines (mostly)
Google Chrome Comics


Technorati Tags:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried chrome b4 and dunno y it seems to "stop" after i left it overnight.. doesnt respond to my clicking.. aiks.. dissapointed.. i think they still hav much QA to do .. =)

9/10/2008 06:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I din use that.. Is it good?

9/10/2008 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

ben: Hmm.. I wonder why you left it for overnight. I found out that there are 2 processes running while using chrome. One is for the browser and another for the tab. It might be the memory problem that causes it to hang. I believe there is room for improvement since it's still in beta phase.

keeyit: I know you want to stick to your IE. haha. I still prefer Firefox :P

9/11/2008 04:33:00 AM  
Blogger narrowband said...

I hate it. It's fast, yes. But Google Installer keeps running in the background and always tries to send information over the net - possibly to Google servers. There's always outbound communication even though Chrome is not running. I have a firewall program that monitors all outbound and inbound connections and I know Google Installer is up to no good.

And it doesn't support "Undo Closed Tab" or "Reload all Tabs". I still love FF3 because I rely alot on the Add-On extensions. For now I'll stick to FF3. Nothing compares it.

9/11/2008 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

narrowband: Yes, Firefox is better in feature and security-wised. I prefer FF to Chrome. But sometimes I enjoy reading news using Chrome because of its minimalistic user interface.

9/20/2008 08:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home