Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Going on 2007

It's the end of 2006. I shall make a recap on the things that I have done in this year before they fade into oblivion. Year 2006 is a tough year for me. I have experienced the ups and downs and also make an essential decision in my life which is also a turning point for me. It's a year when I upgrade myself from a student to a working adult even if I'm still not ready to face the real world out there. Clock ticks my life away.

MMU 7th Convocation 2006
It only happened once in my lifetime. I'll not back to school again in future.

These are the memories that creep into my mind now.
  • I screwed my final year project and also learnt a lesson from it. I abandoned the technical knowledge gained and pressed the Shift+Del keys once the project ended. No turning back.
  • I successfully graduated from Multimedia University by spending my 2 years learning and studying, 1 year and 1 semester playing and another 2 semesters playing truant. BTW, it's proud to wear that robe.
  • Paid a visit to Sarawak as my graduation trip and one-day trip at Malacca.
  • I witnessed the Zidane Headbutt incident live. This jaw-dropping incident was unforgettable and this was how Zidane ended his football career. Bravo to Italy!
  • I had a 3-month jobless experience because I had no intention to work. I made several job applications, rejected a few offers, missed several interviews and ended up working for a company. It's a hard decision in choosing the right career path.
  • I got my first job and every penny that I spend now is self-earned.
  • I went to WCG 2006 Malaysia and watched a Round 16 TauFu Vs DnD DotA match.
  • I went to David Tao Love Can Concert. He rockzzz!!
  • I took part in eGenting Programming Competition 2006. The food at Coffee Terrace tasted sour but I wished the lunch time was extended. Participating in a competition without preparation was relaxing indeed. I just wanted to get an experience and hoped that the judges wouldn't laugh at my solution.
  • I attended eBay Explained! 2006 and listened a great talk by Jim Griff, Dean of eBay University. I got myself 3 eBay mouse pads, 1 during registration and another 2 by participating in the survey.
  • I also attended TechNation Day organized by mind, SPAN and Elite. Lots of craps flowing into my ears but Darien Nagle's talk worthed the day.
  • My racing buddy and companion is leaving. I could only wish her good luck in future undertaking.

  • 2007 is awaiting us. Should I make my new year resolution? Basically, what I hope for in 2007 is simple. Eat well, sleep well, exercise regularly, work hard, save money, travel, do more reading and personal growth. They sound simple but hard to achieve. Hope that motivation and perseverance can keep me moving.

    Happy New Year, everyone!


    Technorati Tags:

    3 Comments:

    Blogger ruiyun said...

    "every penny that I spend now is self-earned"

    Whoa. I think that's the next thing I'll be very proud of besides wearing the graduation robe :D

    Haaappy New Year, Yeejen! Had a great time when you guys were in Kuching. ;)

    Take care and hopefully can see you soon next month :D

    *hugs*

    1/03/2007 01:54:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey dude, what a great recap ya :)

    Wish you all the best in your future undertaking...

    "The only true security in life comes from knowing that every single day you are improving yourself in some way" -- Anthony Robbins

    1/03/2007 04:41:00 PM  
    Blogger YeeJen said...

    won: yea, that's proud. but soon you'll realize earning money is not easy..
    you too take care at kuching. see ya 2 weeks later :)

    wee: thx dude!

    1/09/2007 12:34:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home