Google
 
Web yeejen.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

World Book and Copyright Day

World Book and Copyright Day falls on 23 April. It's an annual event to promote reading, publishing and copyright. This year, Amsterdam will be the World Book Capital and a lot of activities will be held there. We might not aware of this event because the reading culture is kinda poor in Malaysia. Sad but true. Besides, the books sold here are extremely expensive compared to other countries.

When I was in India, I paid a visit to Landmark which is a lot like Borders in Malaysia that sells book, music, movie, stationery and so on. The books there were so cheap that I couldn't resist the temptation to buy as many as I could. In the end, I bought 6 books that costed me approximately Rs. 1200 only. It's RM 20.00 per book on average. Back in Malaysia, one of these books might cost me around RM 30.00. All in all, it's cheap over there!


Among these 6 books, I only manage to finish For One More Day by Mitch Albom. No doubt, it's a good book and I'm passing it around to share with my friend. There's another book given to my friend as a souvenir since she is a big fan of Paulo Coelho. Currently, I'm reading The Five People You Meet In Heaven which I bought during a promotion by Maybank2u jointly MPH. I'm not a bookworm and I only munch on book when I want to pass my time in train. Hopefully, I manage to finish reading another 4 books by end of the year.

Folks, happy world book day. Don't forget to READ!!

Technorati Tags:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you finally. Hehehe.. Glad to know who are you know.. Hehe.. ;)

5/01/2008 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger YeeJen said...

:)

5/02/2008 01:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bookworm... no wonder those lenses of urs looks kinda thicker these days :) perhaps its more similiar to the ones we see on a magnifying glass :P

5/02/2008 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger ruiyun said...

"By the river piedra i sat down an wept" ... I have that book! :D Very nice story. Wish I brought it with me :(

5/07/2008 08:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home